viernes, 23 de abril de 2021

ππŽπ’π“ 𝟐: π‘π„π€π’πŽππ’ π–π‡π˜ 𝐈 π‚π‡πŽπ’π„ 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐈 π’π“π”πƒπ˜πŸ“šπŸ“

When I was a child I dreamed of many things. When I was in 2nd grade, I wanted to be a veterinarian, I loved animals and therefore whenever I could I rescued one and took it home, even if I was scolded. My family knew that, so when I was 8 years old I had my first veterinary doctor set (as a child, obviously) which I put into practice with all the dogs, cats, rabbits, pigs and horses we had. Later, when I was in 7th grade my choice changed, and I wanted to study medicine. I was always very passionate about wanting to help, to help someone else, to be able to contribute something in the lives of others, so it caught my attention. When I was older and in high school, I was very intrigued by the role that forensic doctors played, I knew that if I went to study medicine I would usually find myself with dead people, but thinking about the role that forensic doctors played in criminalistics made my hair stand on end. So I thought about that too. However, when I was 17, thanks to a cousin, I became very interested in the area of construction engineering and architecture.

Although my dream was always linked to the area of health dedicated to animals or people, I had talents that others noticed and when I was a teenager I was able to notice it myself. As a child I always liked crafts and creating things, when I couldn't have a toy car, I made one myself. When I didn't have dolls, I made my own. When I couldn't buy a house for my animals, I made one for them, and so on and so forth with many other things. I was always surrounded by people involved in construction, I have uncles and aunts who are carpenters and whenever I could, I would go with them. I learned to use construction tools, and to use various instruments necessary when building. To such an extent that when I changed house and we started from zero to build it, all my room was made by me. So when it came time to choose a career in 2018 it was a difficult decision for me and for the same reason I let myself be influenced by outsiders and opted for Medicine. I was happy in the career, but the environment was very toxic, that demotivated me too much and also I had no friends or someone to trust. I was the new girl of region who didn't talk much.

As I mentioned in another post, I had to leave my career, so in 2019 I had to do it again. At the time of choosing, I had a nervous impulse for not knowing what to choose again and I enrolled to study Architecture at the Universidad de Chile. When I started the career in 2020 I was very discouraged, very sad, for having left behind my other options, and I even regretted it. As the months went by, that began to change, I met excellent teachers who pushed me to be better, I met excellent friends that I still have the privilege of having in my life, and I met my boyfriend who has been a fundamental support. I gradually fell in love with the career and today, I feel that it was the best decision I could have made.

My experience so far has been good and pleasant, however, I’m quite sad about the modality. I feel that at the beginning I was able to cope with it, but now I don't know if it's worth it. The mode for a career like architecture is the worst thing that could have happened. I know why it has to be that way, it's understandable, but it's definitely not the same. Sometimes I have thought about giving up, but the only thing that motivates me to continue is the thought "and if this never ends, won't you study any more?”.

In the future, being an architect, I see myself working in my own firm or with acquaintances, making national and international projects, participating in architectural competitions and building things myself. On the other hand, I would like to be a teacher, teaching new students and helping them in any way I can to achieve their dreams. Finally, I would like to go back to study and have my second career related to engineering, to be able to better realize myself as a professional.


Thanks for reading my post. I look forward to reading yours.πŸ₯°


4 comentarios:

  1. Less and less to return to normal and live many experiences that we missed by this online modality,
    Everything will be fine, lots of love.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hi gigi, hope you are fine. it's interesting the way you changed medicine to architecture because you said that you didn´t talk to much but when i knew you, you never stopped talking XD, by the way I'm happy for your decision of study architecture because otherwise I would never have met you

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hi Giselle, I hope you're well. i also wanted to be a vet and come by the hand of caring about animals don't you think? It's that you like your career and i hope that you can achieve all your future goals.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. My dear friend gg,
    I have also wanted to give up many times, but like you there are many people who support you on the path of learning, especially teachers who are admirable and who surround you with their knowledge.

    xoxo.

    ResponderEliminar